This is a layout that I created for the WOW Embossing Powder blog. Check out here for the blog post!
1. First, I tore several of the patterned papers. Once torn, I then dipped then into ClearSnap Watermark ink, then into WOW COPPER Regular embossing powder and heat set. On the musical paper, I first dipped it into the WOW Ebony powder, heat set, then into the copper. Love the layered look it gave!
2. I created some Spellbinders Spiral Blossoms Three flowers for this page. I did the same with these… dipped them into the Watermark ink and then into the copper powder and heat set. Love that I can add any color to my flowers using this technique! Try it with premade flowers as well!
4. Check out that large flourish! It was made by Magistical Memories. I dabbed it with the watermark ink and sprinkled it with the Black Glitter embossing powder and heat set it. Then, I added areas of the copper to give it more of a metallic look.
1. We played with some Art Engraving paper… OMW! I’m in LOVE ! This fabulous paper by Royal and Langnickel is a must have! I used it on my beautiful bird and birdcage, which is part of the Bird Sanctuary set. After cutting and embossing, we sanded it using a sanding block. This brought out the copper color inside! It was such a WOW moment! So I had to use these pieces on this page!
2. Then, there is the gorgeous Elegant Post that I used. To create this, we cut the die from a glossy black paper. This paper has a white core. Once embossed, we sanded it and then inked it. Again… WOW moment! It looks like wood! LOVE!! Thanks to Judy Hayes for sharing this technique! So THAT’S how she makes things look like that! She is an amazing artist (Not to mention, one of the sweetest people EVAH!!)… and if you haven’t checked out her work… do it now! You won’t be sorry!
So I hope that today’s post has been informative and inspiring! Try something new today… you never know… you just may find a new technique that you can’t create without!
Thanks for stopping by!
Until Next Time…
Wait a minute… know what? It’s not just scrapping anymore, is it!? I do a lot more than that!! So, I’m going to come up with a new sign off phrase… let’s try something different…