Monday, November 28, 2011

Looking for handmade gift ideas?

I know it's about the time when many people are looking for those quick ideas that they can create for those special people on their list! I have one of those projects to share with you today! SO quick, but SO beautiful!!
Spellbinders Supplies:
S4-136 Classic Hear
tS4-348 Postage Stamps
S5-044 Banner Basics One
S5-061 Daisy Flower Topper
Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur™ Die Cutting Machine

Other Supplies:
Quietfire Design: Gentle Thoughts Stamp
My Mind's Eye, Lost & Found Christmas Holly, Peace Patterned Paper
Graphic 45, An ABC Primer Happy Go Lucky, Games and Play Time Patterned Paper, Staples Cream Trim Lace
Clearsnap, ColorBox Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink
Buttons Galore And More, Cream Buttons
Jillibean Soup, Brown Twine
Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape
Ranger Distress ink (Frayed Burlap
Pink Paislee Brown Letter Stickers
Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots, Premium Craft Glue
Frame


This is a cheap wooden frame that I purchased from Michaels for $1.50. Yes, for real!! I stained it using Cosmic Shimmers shimmer spray in BRONZE BLUSH. I applied it with a cloth and rubbed it in good. it gave it a beautiful stain!
Next, I covered the front in patterned paper and cut out the center using a craft knife. Sand and ink edges.
I used several Spellbinders die templates on this frame. The fun part about this is that you can create ANY themed frame! Think baby, Family, party, girl, boy, Mom, Dad... the possibilities are endless! There are so many die templates available thru Spellbinders that you are sure to find what you are looking for!
For me, I wanted to create a country charm look... which I achieved with the addition of the gingham print and the lace. This beautiful photo is of my sister and her hubby...
So if you have a special photo that you would like to give as a gift, try altering a frame for it! You'd be amazed by the personal touch it adds!

Have you remembered that Spellbinders is having a design team call? The deadline is Dec 9th for the first round!! Yep, my project is submitted! :)

Until Next Time...
Happy Scrapping!
~TINA~

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I deeply appreciate each and every one of you!