Wednesday, September 07, 2011

"Fall"ing in love with Fall

Hey all!!Sigh... I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief...Now don't get me wrong... I love having my kids at home all summer! However... this year I completely lost control... lost control over the laundry, over the grocery shopping, the cleaning, my creating, my blog, everything! It was a crazy busy summer and I just couldn't keep up. I felt like such a failure...But here we are, the second day with the kids back to school and already I feel like I'm starting to gain a bit of control again. Laundry baskets are empty, meals are planned, the fridge is full of food, kids are happy... and I'm creating today. So just maybe I'm not such a failure... I just do the best I can with what time I have...and this summer I had very little. Kids staying up until my bedtime practically, gave me no sanity time... and I've come to discover that I NEED that time more than I realized. Lesson learned... now hopefully I will be able to come up with a game-plan for next summer that works better... for everyone's sake! :)So now that I'm back into the swing of things, I have some projects to share! :)Today's project is one I did for a blog post for Simply Renee... Clip-It-Up. See the blog post here with some organizational ideas and tips.
I Can't Help FALLing in Love With You

This layout was a big pain to photograph... so take my word for it when Isay it IS straight!! ;) I had so much fun playing with a ton ofSpellbinders™ die templates on here!! GrandOvals, GrandBig Scalloped Ovals, different Edgabilitiesand the Samantha Walker's Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents.

The ability to stencil thru the die templates makes these die templates soamazing!! See the detail on the leaves and the smaller frame? All stenciledthru the template!! Amazing!
IDEA TO TRY:
I cut a square of cardstock just a bit larger than the oval. I trimmedstrips of various patterned papers and lightly distressed the edges. I adheredeach of them to the rectangle. Then I ran it thru my SpellbindersGrandCalibur ® die cutting machine using the Grand Nestabilities® Grand Ovals die template. This cut out the large oval mat! To make this photomat even more fun, I also cut out a larger Grand Big Scalloped Oval to “mat mymat” so to speak! How fun!! Add a bit of Stickles glitter and this unique photomat is ready for my oval photo!
Try playing with Ovals!! Circles have been a favorite design element of minefor a LONG time! So playing with ovals isn't too much of a"stretch"... LOL! And it gives a unique and fun look to your design!Give it a try!!
Thanks for stopping by! I will be back again soon!! Friday actually!! Spellbinders isparticipating in a blog hop with Just-Rite stamps and Want2Scrap!! It's going on now if you want to check out the AMAZING talent!! I'll be sharing myproject on Friday... right here! :)
Until then...
Happy Scrapping!!
PS: Please excuse how things are looking. Blogger is messing with me today... I'll fix it as soon as I can!
Thanks for your patience! :)

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful LO! I think I will need to give ovals a try. Glad you are getting caught up on things and getting a moment to breathe. Miss ya, Chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is just beautiful! I haven't used ovals in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling child. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:43 AM

    Nice project !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful baby, Beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I deeply appreciate each and every one of you!