Monday, July 11, 2011

I Hope You Dance

Hello there! So glad you have dropped by!
I have a layout to share with you today that I did for Simply Renee.

I HOPE YOU DANCE
I absolutely LOVE these photo's of my daughter! She was in dance class this year and these were taken the night of her recital.
I titled this layout "I hope you Dance" not so much after the song though. My thoughts are that I hope she goes after everything in life like she dances... she gives it her ALL and is amazing! At only 8 years old, she already demands the stage, and I'm just so proud of her! So my prayer for her is that no matter what she does in life, she gives it everything she has, and loves every minute of it... just like she were dancing! :)
This page was created to use up some of my stash. I LOVE to collect paper collections. THis is the A Capella collection by Basic Grey. LOVE it! So soft and elegant. I also used to collect a LOT of flowers... (Now I create a lot of my own with the Spellbinders Die Templates!) So I dug into my stash of flowers and papers to create this layout. I love how it came out... it conveys the feelings and emotions thatI was trying to get across. And check out that lamp post! NICE! It's a wood piece by KaiserCraft! SO fun!!
I used several Spellbinders Die Templates in creating this page. I used the Donna Salazar S5-051 Fanciful Flights (Large butterflies). I added some liquid pearls and stickles to the butterfly and adhered it using Helmar's Liquid Scrap Dots. Perfect for adding a bit of dimension! I also used the S4 328 Foilage. LOVE these leaves!! I covered them with ICE stickles and absolutely LOVE the look!! The small butterflies are the punch outs from S4-329 Butterfly Circles. These are all adhered with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots and have a small drop of Ranger Liquid Pearls in the center.
Here are a few tips for you...
*Take advantage of the Stenciling abilities in the Spellbinders Die Templates. I used this technique to add the glitter to the leaves and some inking to the butterfly! SO simple and very beautiful!
*Have you used Liquid Pearls? They are like regular pearls only you do not have to adhrer them individually in the same way. You add drops of a thick liquid and they look just like little pearls! They are FABULOUS for adding a lot of fine details. Check out the lamp post and the butterflies.
*For adhering butterflies, I ALWAYS use Helmar liquid Scrap dots. This is a THICK glue that dries thick. It helps to give dimension and depth to fine embellishments and is so easy to use! See the leaves and the butterflies.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I just love your comments! Each one is read and greatly appreciated!!
Tomorrow is my day for Spellbinders Blog Frenzy!! Be sure to drop by! I have 2 AWESOME die templates to reveal to you!!! I'm just so excited! Have you been following along? If not, you are REALLY missing out!! :) These designers are AMAZING! And the new releases... JAW dropping!!
So, until tomorrow... Happy Scrapping! :)
~Tina~

3 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I deeply appreciate each and every one of you!