Friday, February 05, 2016

My Love: First try with the Silhouette Cameo!

OMW!!! I am so excited!!! I took the plunge and bought a Silhouette Cameo digital die cutting machine!!! I have been considering this for over a year, and now the time was right!!! I had Christmas $ sitting there, and wondered what to spend it on... Well, it's all spent now!! :)
So, I took it home, installed it and within 10 minutes I had die cut my first title!! It was SOOO easy to use!! Second time, I downloaded a free font, installed it and die cut another title!! I a in love!! I have tons of files saved on my new pinterest board... and the ideas are coming fast and furious!!! If only I had the time.... It was easier to make time to create when I was getting paid for it... LOL! Now it's harder to justify the time I want to spend creating! :) Oh well... I'm totally enjoying this time of free creativity!!
So, on to today's project!!

I downloaded a free cutting file from Scrapbook and Cards Today... they have a monthly cut file designed by Nicole Nowosad of Just Nick designs. I actually downloaded all of their free files from the last 2 years... if I'm being honest! LOL!!! The Feb 2016 file is adorable!! It's a fun hearts background piece!


 Isn't it adorable?? I backed each of the hearts with patterned paper and mounted the entire piece with foam tape to give a bit of depth. Love the effect!

The title was created using the "Dancing Script" which I downloaded for free online! Found it on pinterest! Then i created an "offset" piece, which worked as a shadow/frame for it! Love it! So easy!!So now, needless to say, I'll be using lots of fun  cut files and fonts in the future! I'll link to them all when I can!

Supplies:
Cut File: Scrapbook and Cards Today Feb 2016 file, Dancing Script font
Patterned Paper: Jen Hadfield for Pebbles Cottage Living collection: 6x6 paper pad and 12x12 Hardwood
Card Stock: Whirl White by Spellbinders, Black by Worldwin Papers
irRESISTables texture spray: Wedding Dress White
Embellishments: Crate Paper Puffy stickers, Amy Tangerine Remark Alpha stickers, Freckled Fawn Cork Hearts, Washi Tape from Blitzy, and a few other odds and ends

Thanks for stopping by today! Until next time... Happy Creating!

8 comments:

  1. It looks amazing Tina!!!! I can personally agree it is addictive :) Enjoy the freebies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Nicole! i adore this file! Think I should make a layout for each of the other 4 kids using it!! LOL!! Thanks so much for visiting!!

      Delete
  2. This is incredible! Way to rock the cut and fun papers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa!!! It is so much fun! :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous LO, Tina! I have been a fan of your style from way back...(Paws on Scrapbooking?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I deeply appreciate each and every one of you!