Hello all! Beautiful snow day here!! Great day to share with you my latest layout!! Once again, I tried out a free cutting file for the Silhouette!! I knew it would be cute to use, but i fell in LOVE with this layout once I had completed it!! I'm sure the photos will not do it justice, but it's so full of dimension! I'll share with you how I created it!!
I'm not sure if you can tell by this photo, but each of the hearts are on the page using foam squares! This gave it so much dimension!! The image below shows you that a little better!!
Here's what I did to create this page....
- Cut Heart Background from 12x12 white card stock. Remove from Silhouette cutting plate and adhere to background patterned paper. (My Minds Eye: Fancy That). Machine stitch edge.
- Cut Heart Background again, this time onto My Minds Eye: On Trend Ombre paper.
- Gently remove hearts from Ombre paper in order, and adhere to white background in the same order that you remove them. This will keep the ombre design perfect!! I used Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Large Foam squares, white for this. One square per heart!
- Lightly sand edges of 3x4 photo and matt with white card stock. Add a black matt, slightly smaller, and offset. Layer using 2 Jillybean Soup White frames, each offset. Add black and white washi tape to a strip of white yardstick. Slide in under photo to the right.
- Die cut title in Silhouette using Dancer Script from black card stock.
- And really, the embellishing is up to you! I added the LOVE sticker to a chipboard arrow (My Minds Eye: On Trend). I printed my journaling in a script font to match my title, cut into strips and added that. I finished off with some added embellishments (see list below).
This page was not at all complicated! it was a little bit time consuming, replacing the hearts, but other than that, it came together in a flash.
Did I mention that I'm LOVING, loving LOVING! my Silhouette??? If not... I LOVE MY SILHOUETTE!!! ;)
Background Cut File: Birds Cards Heart Background FREE Download!!
Font: Dancer Script
Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye: On Trend, Fancy That (see exact links above)
Card Stock: Spellbinders Whirl White, Worldwin Papers:Black
White Frames: Jillybean Soup
Embellishments: Freckled Fawn: Cork Hearts; Simple Stories clear stickers; MME Enamel Dots; MME Chipboard; Crete Paper puffy stickers; Metal clip (unknown), Washi Tape from Blitzy
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: White Large foam Squares, Adhesive Runner
So that's it for today! Loving all these heart pages! Hope to have at least one more before the weekend!! Time will tell. if not, it's ok to do heart pages after Valentines, don't ya think??
So, until next time, Happy Creating!!