Are you getting ready for Christmas? I'm so behind this year for some reason!! However, I am just thrilled to have completed the project that I am going to share with you today! It makes me feel like I'm just a little bit ahead of the game... in one aspect anyway! :)
This week Xyron had the fabulous opportunity to partner with Basicly Bare! I was SO excited to get a totally cool package in the mail!! :) I created a December memory book with one of the pocket albums that I received! I know the December daily's are so popular, but I just don't have the time to do one and actually finish it! So, I decided to do an abreviated version. To highlight the main events of December!
Here's what I created!
I just LOVE how easy these albums are to decorate!! The possabilities are ENDLESS, as you have seen on the Xyron and Basicly Bare blog this week!
Instead of giving you step by step instructions on recreating my project, I'm going to give you tips for when you are creating your own album!!
- When adding layers to a page, cut small pieces, rather than use full sheets of paper. This will save you a lot of paper in the end!
- When inking the edges of your pages, always ink the inside edge before adhering to the chipboard, as it is not accessable once it is adhered. The other edges can be inked after they are adhered.
- Cut all pieces of paper for a page and then run thru your Xyron machine of choice all at once. This will save you a lot of adhesive!
- The beautiful Poinsietta on this page is a Spellbinders Paper Arts die template! Love it!! In my book I used a combination of premade diecuts (old ones that I had laying around) and some of my favorite Christmas sets from Spellbinders!
- If desired, you could also add ribbon or little dangles to the spine. I decided not to, as I loved the elegant look!
I love the fabulous pockets in this album, but I wanted more, so I created my own pockets on the solid pages.
- To create pockets, use your Xyron Mega Runner on 3 sides of your bottom piece of paper, keeping the top area adhesive-free.
- I added a black strip of cardstock to help the beautiful Spellbinders diecut stand out. (Frosty Forms)
- Spellbinders has some beautiful Label dies that are fabulous for creating tags! Here I used Labels Twenty-Five!
First pocket page in the album. Decorated simply.
- I love that I can add as many tags, photo's, cards or memorabilia to these pockets as I want!
- Try to keep the bulky embellies to a minimum, as this album is already thick and will not close well.
I LOVE this reindeer die from Spellbinders Frosty Forms die set!!!!!
- Keep some areas available for photo's, journaling etc.
- Lace... a fabulous addition to any page! I run it thru my Xyron 1.5" Create-a-sticker and it adhere's fabulously!!
- When adhering diecuts with fine detail, run thru your Xyron machine of choice and remove clear covering. BUT before removing backing, rub gently with your hand to remove all the extra adhesive that you don't want to show thru the detailed areas! Like this reindeer's horns... No extra adhesive to stick to the next page!
- Use up some of those precut stickers or diecuts by running thrm thru your favorite Xyron and layering them up! Add some pearls to add a touch of sparkle.
- Simple background on this insert, as it will be covered in photo's.
Keeping it simple!
- It's totally ok not to cover every area of the chipboard with paper! I love the look of the Kraft color coming thru!
- More premade diecuts! Ink those edges, add some pearls!
- This entire insert tag is ledger paper! Perfect for journaling on!
Great page for some photos!
- Another example of detailed dies. Rub adhesive off the front before removing backing!
- More ribbon! Run it thru that "X!!
Some pages may seem pretty bare, but they certainly won't after the Christmas season is over!!! Tons of pictures, journaling and memories will fill every space available... and more!
Big thank you to Basicly Bare for the opportunity to participate in this blog hop!! I still have more goodies from them as well, so I'll be sharing those here on the blog whenever I use them!!
If you have not stopped by the Xyron blog, you might want to do so... there's a giveaway!!
Until next time...
Xyron 9" Creative Station, 5" Creative Station, 1.5" Create-a-Sticker, Mega Runner
Basicly Bare: Pocket album
My Minds Eye Patterned papers and die cuts (numerous collections!!)
Bazill: Kraft and black Cardstock, patterned paper
Bo Bunny: Ribbon, charm
The Twinery: Twine
Want2Scrap; pearls and jewels