In the oven right now is...
Out of This World Brownies
from Taste Of Home Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2005
1 Cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 cup + 3TBSP baking cocoa
1/8 tsp salt
Brown Butter Frosting
1/2 cup butter
4 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tsp half and half cream (I used coffee cream)
2 tsp vanilla
1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
1 Tbsp butter
1. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in Vanilla. Combine Flour, Cocoa and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
2. Spread into ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30m minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool on wire rack.
3. For frosting, in a heavy saucepan, cook and stir butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into mixing bowl; beat in icing sugar, cream and vanilla. Frost cooled brownies.
4. For Glaze, melt chocolate and butter; drizzle over frosting. Cut into bars.
Makes 3 dozen
Supper last night was this next recipe... only I replace Bullseye bbq sauce... and used steak instead of pork! Delish!!
Sweet and sour Pork Chops and Peppers
from Kraft's WHAT'S COOKING fall issue
4 boneless pork chops
1 red pepper cut into strips
1 LG onion, halved, sliced
1/2 cup Kraft Chicken and Rib bbq sauce
1/4 Kraft Catalina salad dressing
1. Heat Oven to 375 (I used 325)
2. Place meat in 9x13 pan.
3. Combine bbq sauce and salad dressing. Spoon over chops.
4. Top with onions and peppers.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until chops are done. stir veggies after 15 min.
(I baked at 325 for 2 hrs, covered in foil)
This next one was sooo yummy!!! Served with rice.
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
from Kraft WHAT'S COOKING Fall issue
10 bone in chicken thighs skin removed (I used breasts, bone in)
1 jar (650 ml) Thick and chunky salsa
1 onion chopped
2TBSP curry powder
1/2 cup Philadelphia cream cheese spread
1. Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine next 3 ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cover with lid.
2. Cook on low for 8-10 hrs or High for 5 hrs. (I did 4)
3. Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm. Add cream cheese spread to slow cooker. Sisk until melted and well blended. Spoon over chicken, serve.
Hope these recipes help beat some of those what to have supper nights! :) I'd love to hear what you think of them, or I'd also love to hear some of your favorite recipes!
Until next time... Happy COOKING! :)