To begin I altered an old Prima flower tin! I had been saving this for just the right project, and this was it!
- Remove cover from tin.Cut 2 strips of silver paper same width as tin base. Run paper thru 5" Creative Station and adhere to tin base. Trim second piece to completely cover perimeter of tin. Add Creative Imaginations silver gems as desired to the Demask pattern.
- Cut 2 strips of purple musical paper same width as tin cover. Run thru 1.5" Create-a-Sticker and adhere to tin as in first step. Using white Faber Castel Gelato's, rub around edges of the cover paper, smudge to create a snowy look. Also rub white Gelato's over the top portion of the tin. Smudge. This gives a snowy look to the cover rather than the shiny silver color.
- Using Spellbinders Poinsettia die templates, cut/emboss one of each of the layers using the purple musical paper. While still in the die template, stencil thru the openings using the white Gelato's. Remove from template and smudge. Then add gelato's to the edges as well... continuing with the snowy look. Shape the petals of the Poinsettia by curling around a pencil. Adhere layers together using a hot glue gun.
- Lightly wet a cotton swab and rub into Pearl Lilac Twinkling H20. Apply to leaves of Poinsettia to create a gorgeous shimmer!
- Choose a die cut from the Creative Imaginations Winter Song die cut shapes. Run thru 5" Creative Station. Adhere to top of tin.
- Cut strip of ribbon and wrap around tin, adhering on bottom.
- Using leaves/berries die cuts from Creative Imaginations Winter Song die cut shapes, add purple pearls over top of berries, from Winter Song gem pack. Adhere to tin using Xyron Mega Runner. Add Zva crystal flourish. I cut it apart to create shape that wold work with my project.
- Adhere Poinsettia to top. Add 2 silver gems to flower center.
Creative Imaginations Christine Adolph Patterned papers(Songbird, Joyful foil) Winter Song Gem Pack, Die Cut Shapes
Creative Imaginations Luminart Twinkling H20's (Pearl Lilac)
Faber Castell White Gelato
Xyron 5" Creative Station, Mega Runner
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cutting Machine
Spellbinders die templates (Poinsetta)
Zva Creative Crystal flourish
May Arts Ribbon
Hot Glue Gun
For my second project... using this SAME collection (I couldn't resist!), I created a quick but beautiful pinwheel topped gift box! Perfect for a small gift...
PINWHEEL TOPPED GIFT BOX
- Cut/emboss box using Creative Imaginations green leafy paper. Before removing from template, trace inside template using brown Faber Castell PITT Pastel pencil (1122-176). Remove from template and smudge lines. These lines emphasize the embossed areas of the box. Now use the PITT Artist Big Brush pen in Leaf Green (112) to outline. Fold petals in on embossed lines. Unfold.
- Cut/emboss decorative inserts for the box using the purple musical paper. Outline in white Gelato and smudge. Run thru Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker. Adhere to box. Refold petals in, tucking each one under the previous to create the pinwheel look. Add a silver gem to each petal from Creative Imaginations Christine Adolph Winter Song gem pack.
- Cut/emboss large bloom from Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms using purple musical paper. Roll flower, shape leaves, adhere using hot glue gun. Add white gelato's to petal edges heavily. Do not smudge. Add silver Gem to center.
- Adhere 2 large leaf/berry die cut shapes just under petals of box. Adhere blossom to center using Hot Glue gun. (Be careful not to adhere blossom to ALL of the box petals, or it will not open. Adhere to one or 2 of the petals.)
Creative Imaginations Christine Adolph Winter Song Patterned papers, Gem Pack, Die Cut Shapes
Faber Castell PITT artist pen Big Brush, leaf green, White Gelato's, brown PITT Pastel pencil
Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Machine
Spellbinders die templates (LF-008 Hexagon Pinwheel Top Box, S5-086 Bitty Blossoms)
For my third and final project for today, I have created a candle centerpiece! I LOVE candles and they are so much fun to alter! This would be such a beautiful gift to give a special friend! Check it out!
ANGEL CANDLE CENTERPIECE
- Using Faber Castell Gelato's in blue and white, color the top of the wooden disk in a scribble pattern. Alternate colors, overlapping. Once the top and sides are colored, wet a cotton pad and blend the colors to create even coverage. Do not blend colors completely, as the slight difference looks great! Add more white or blue as needed, continuing to blend.
- Apply a layer of liquid Decoupage to the top and sides. While wet, sprinkle completely with ClearSnap fine glitter!! Allow to dry completely. Spray generously with a strong hold hair spray to set the glitter. (Yes, I said hair spray! )
- Run ribbon thru 1.5" Create-a-sticker and adhere around perimeter of disk.
I was thrilled to see that after running my paper thru my Xyron 5" Creative Station, it adhered great to the candel!! I was impressed! :)
Xyron 5" Creative Station, 1.5" Create-a-sticker
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Machine, Floral Ovals, Bitty Blossoms
Wright and Co ribbon
ClearSnap fine glitter
Hot glue gun
Thank you SO much to Creative Imaginations and Faber Castell for the opportunity to participate in this amazing event!! And of course to Xyron for being so darn fabulous!! :) I hope that you have been inspired! Be sure to drop by all of the team blogs to see the incredible creations from the last 2 weeks!! Until next time... Happy Creating!